COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
COVID-19 vaccine candidates are being offered through an Emergency Use Authorization by the Food and Drug Administration
. The vaccine is being administered in phases to DoD uniformed service members, both the active and Selected Reserve components, including members of the National Guard; dependents; retirees; civilian employees, and selected DoD contract personnel as authorized in accordance with DoD regulation.
The vaccine is being offered on a voluntary basis, but priority populations are highly encouraged to get it. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine protects yourself, your family, your community and our nation.
To learn more about the phased plan and DoD priorities, visit: www.health.mil/COVIDVaccine
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
We currently have a limited supply of the vaccine available and we’re actively administering the vaccine as shipments arrive. We are currently administering to the following:
Tier 1A populations:
Tier 1B populations:
- DoD health care providers and staff
- DoD first responders
- DoD emergency services and public safety personnel
- DoD Service members supporting the national COVID-19 response
- DoD Personnel who perform critical national capabilities
- DoD Personnel preparing to deploy to locations outside the U.S.
- DoD Frontline essential workers (Education, Youth and Child Services staff sector; eligible defense manufacturing; DoD correction staff; DoD Postal Service staff; DoD public transit workers; and Commissary and other installation food service or agricultural workers)
- All eligible TRICARE beneficiaries age 75 and older
To get the vaccine:
Base Employees that are in Tier 1A and Tier 1B should contact their supervisory chain to get scheduled for a vaccination.
Other Eligible Patients
Communication for getting vaccinated will be updated regularly on our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/45thmedicalgroup
), via Tricare Online Secure Messaging and this webpage. Vaccine appointments are not made by the Medical Group central appointment line.
About the Vaccine
The 45th Medical Group is currently administering Moderna COVID-19 vaccines which are given in a two dose series 28 days apart.
What Happens Next?
Once you receive the vaccine, if you experience any side-effects or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at 321-494-8241 or contact the MHS Nurse Advice Line